24.11.11

Easy peasy Pot roast by my mom

This is only for meat eaters. It is so easy and amazing, you really got try.

Ingredients
- beef (keep the fat on for the taste) for how many people you are serving
- 1 liter of bouillon / borth
- 3 bay leaves
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- red wine
- couple of tomatoes
- season with peper.
Organic here is the best, as it adds to the flavor. But if you can't, it will still be amazing.

You only need one big pan / cooking pot.

How to
First seal the beef fast and good, the heat high. I always use olive oil, but butter is good too.
Then add bouillon, sliced tomatoes, garlic cloves and bay leaves. I use cubes for the bouillon, but you can make it yourself ofcourse.
Let it simmer/stew for 3 hours on a very low heat.
Add the red wine after about an hour. Use with abundance.
After 3 hours let the whole rest for a day. The day you want to eat it, reheat and let it stew for another 1/2 hour.

I promiss it's heaven, that's why I am sharing it. Just the smell that fills your house is amazing, remenisent of a great Christmas or how they should be.
I make it for two dinners. Mees and I eat it with a simple cooked potatoo and red cabbage with apple.

Extra
Don't throw the residue away. It is gorgeous as a base for a soup. I use a blender to mix it up. Add whatever vegtable you want.
If you're not using it imidiately, you can put it in the freezer for later.
.

No comments: